Wheaton Admissions Blog

About This Blog

The Wheaton Admissions Blog provides content about programs, events and topics of interest to both prospective and current students and parents.

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

5 Reasons to Study College Chemistry

Posted by Jessica Dagher on Feb 9, 2016 10:15:00 AM

My college decision was simpler than most — I had two main criteria I was looking to satisfy. The college had to take academics seriously, and it needed to have a Christian standing. I narrowed my selection to my two favorite schools and chose between them. If you’re like the majority of high-schoolers, however, your search probably hasn’t been so straightforward. And if you’re interested in a STEM (refers to the academic disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) major, things just get more complicated. Will you be selling yourself short if you don’t go to a large research university? Is a degree from a liberal arts institution “second class”? Let me give you 5 reasons why I have found that studying College Chemistry at a Liberal Arts college actually makes perfect sense.

Read More

Topics: College Chemistry

College Chemistry and Biology: 3 Influences at Wheaton College

Posted by Natasha Narang on Dec 31, 2015 8:30:00 AM

God has used my time at Wheaton College in ways that I could not have expected. My passion for science has been transformed in positive ways, as I have been challenged in coursework and in biochemical research. However I have also been supported by the strong community of students and faculty at Wheaton. My faith has also grown considerably as a result, as I have been given a safe place to ask hard questions and to understand how my beliefs integrate with science.

Read More

Topics: College Chemistry