Wheaton Admissions Blog

About This Blog

The Wheaton Admissions Blog provides content about programs, events and topics of interest to both prospective and current students and parents.

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

Engaging in Christian Studies: Four Wheaton Moments that Have (Actually) Changed My Life

Posted by Natalie Tanner on Jan 28, 2016 2:49:59 PM

NatalieTannerBlog_Image_1.jpeg

According to the butterfly effect theory, a single flap of a butterfly’s wings moves particles of air, which moves more particles of air, which moves more particles of air, which can eventually trigger a hurricane on the other side of the globe.  Preposterous?  Perhaps.  But take a look inside your own life.  We all have butterfly moments —moments that have proven to alter the entire course of our lives.

Read More

Topics: Christian Studies

Christian Studies: 5 Reasons Being an Education Major is 100% Worth It

Posted by Chloe Keene on Jan 19, 2016 1:30:00 PM

ChloeKeeneBlog_Teacher100-WorthIt.jpg

When I was a senior in high school, everyone asked me what I wanted to study in college. I typically told them, “I’m planning to study secondary education. I think I want to be a teacher.” Throughout my years in college, I have had a lot of support for that decision, but I have also had a fair share of people respond with something like “Hmm… you don’t want to be a lawyer or a doctor? Those are great careers, and I’m sure you would be great at that.”

Read More

Topics: Christian Studies